Last update: 02/11/2023
1. Which personal data do we collect?
Here are some examples of the types of personal data Xylos may collect and how we use this information:
- The data you share with us. You may be asked to provide us with your personal data when you contact Xylos, when you sign up for events through forms or the chat function on our website. We consistently limit the information to the minimum necessary for processing. You are not obliged to provide us with the information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so, we will in many cases not be able to provide our products and services to you, or to respond to any questions you may have.
- The personal data our partners share with us. In that case the partners guarantee Xylos they have obtained consent to transfer the relevant personal data.
- Tasks carried out by Xylos: Personal data that are processed to carry out tasks as agreed with the customer, on location or remotely.
- Job applications: We only collect the personal data that are necessary for the job application. These data will be stored in a secured database, which is only accessible to authorised persons who need these data to process the application. For example: based on your data, we can match your profile to job openings within our organisation.
2. With whom do we share your information?
Your data will be kept strictly confidential and will in no circumstances be shared with third parties without your express permission. We rely on third parties for some of our services, e.g. for hosting some of our websites. We require our providers to take adequate technical and organisational measures.
3. Security, accuracy and retention
We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, unauthorised changes, publication or access, or accidental or unlawful damage to or destruction of data. We demand the same measures from our service providers.
4. Your rights
You have the right to access your personal data and to request to alter, delete or restrict the processing of your personal data. Additionally, you have the right to object processing your personal data and to request a transfer of your personal data.
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent. However, this has no impact on our processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can disable or delete all installed cookies at any moment via the settings of your browser. Please refer to the relevant issuer’s website. Keep in mind that changing the settings may cause Xylos’s and other websites to stop working properly.
We use different types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies These cookies are indispensable in order to visit our website and to use certain parts of the website.
- Functional cookies Functional cookies are the cookies that facilitate the functioning of the website and make it more enjoyable for the visitor. It also provides you with a more personalised browsing experience, e.g. cookies that retain your language preference.
- Performance cookies Our website uses performance cookies to gather information about how visitors use the website. Its purpose is to improve the website’s content, to adapt to the visitors’ wishes and to increase the website’s usability, e.g. cookies that retain the number of unique visits; cookies that retain which web pages are the most popular.
6. Photographs, videos and social media
We regularly take pictures and record videos at events and share these on social media. When we do this, we respect the privacy of the people involved: we don’t secretly share images and we don’t zoom in on any individuals. If someone doesn’t want to appear in our pictures or videos, they can let us know during recording or afterwards via email@example.com.
If you have any questions, remarks or complaints about this notification or if you wish to exercise your rights described above, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xylos NV, Noorderlaan 139, 2030 Antwerp, Belgium