Thanks to this training, you’ll be able to learn the basic principles of Excel. Taking our Excel Introduction training course? Then you’ll have chosen the ultimate springboard to the other training courses like Excel Databases and PivotTables and Excel Functions & Formulas.
Do complex calculations feature in your daily tasks?
Once it’s finished, you’ll effortlessly be able to:
- Set up a simple spreadsheet with numbers, text and formulas
- Use the basic Excel functions
- Sort tables and filter data
Everyone who needs to carry out calculations regularly and wants to leave this task to Excel.
Participants are familiar with the Windows environment.
Working with workbooks and worksheets
- What do the various extensions xlsx, xls, xlsm, xlsb, xltx, xltm mean?
- Copying, adding, deleting, moving sheets
- Making selections
- Adding and Removing Rows/Columns
- Basics of cell formatting (number format, font, alignment, background, and borders)
- Basics of conditional formatting
- How do you make a table?
- What are the advantages of a table?
- Drafting Formulas
- Copying formulas with the “Fill handle”
- Absolute and Relative cell addressing ($)
- Built-in basic functions (Sum, Min, Max, Average, Count, Counta)
- Creating a chart
- The various parts of a chart
- Adjusting a chart using the ribbon/side menu
- Printing a workbook or worksheet
- Page Settings
- Defining print areas
- Setting headers and footers
- Print Preview
- Page layout