Let your PC do the thinking: follow our Excel training for beginners.
Do you have little experience with Excel, but does your job require you to use the software? Or do you already work with the software, without knowing everything you can do with it? Looking up everything yourself can take a lot of time. Fortunately, there are more efficient ways to go about it. In this beginner course, you’ll learn the basic principles of Microsoft Office’s most popular calculation software in one day, and you’ll see how you can use Excel to make your PC carry out calculations for you.
‘Excel: Introduction’ is the perfect basic training for simple tasks in Excel. It’s also a great introduction to our other Excel trainings.
After this training, you’ll know how to:
- Use Excel’s basic functions
- Set up a simple spreadsheet with numbers, text and formulas
- Sort tables and filter data
- Create and format simple charts
Everyone who needs to carry out calculations regularly and wants to leave this task to Excel.
Participants are familiar with the Windows environment.
Part 1 Working with workbooks and worksheets
- What do the various extensions xlsx, xls, xlsm, xlsb, xltx, xltm mean?
- Copying, adding, deleting, moving sheets
- Making selections
- Adding and Removing Rows/Columns
Part 2 Format
- Basics of cell formatting (number format, font, alignment, background, and borders)
- Basics of conditional formatting
Part 3 Tables
- How do you make a table?
- What are the advantages of a table?
Part 4 Calculations
- Drafting Formulas
- Copying formulas with the “Fill handle”
- Absolute and Relative cell addressing ($)
- Built-in basic functions (Sum, Min, Max, Average, Count, Counta)
Part 5 Charts
- Creating a chart
- The various parts of a chart
- Adjusting a chart using the ribbon/side menu
Part 6 Printing
- Printing a workbook or worksheet
- Page Settings
- Defining print areas
- Setting headers and footers
- Print Preview
- Page layout