In this training, you’ll learn the basic principles of SharePoint Online. We’ll explain how SharePoint differs from other Microsoft collaboration tools and what you can use document libraries for. You’ll also learn how to optimise the way information is displayed to suit your needs. At the end of the training, you’ll get useful tips on how to find information easily.
For this training, a SharePoint Online demo environment will be made available.All you need is a laptop with the classic Office package (Word, Excel) installed. We do recommend using a second PC monitor to follow the training comfortably.
After this SharePoint training, you’ll know:
- The concept and advantages of SharePoint Online
- The difference between the classic and modern view
- How to use modern document libraries
- How to use the standard modern SharePoint lists
- How to define, apply and use views for libraries and lists
- How to look up information
This training was developed for end users who want to get started with SharePoint Online.They’ll typically learn how to use information and documents. To be able to follow this training, you need to be authorised to manage information and documents in libraries and lists within your company.
The minimum requirements are basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowing how to use a web browser.
SharePoint Online & Office 365
- Office 365: an overview
- Where do I store my documents?
How to create document libraries and simple lists
- How to work with documents
- Classic vs. modern view
- How to create, edit, delete, upload, download and share documents, etc.
How to use metadata
- How to check in and check out documents
- Working with versions
- How to copy and move documents
- Export to Excel
Sorting and organising information
- How to sort and filter
- How to create and edit views
- Basic principles
- How to perform a search
- Advanced Search